"Maldives - Our Ocean" is an exciting online underwater photo competition that celebrates the stunning beauty and diversity of the ocean around the Maldives. This competition invites amateur photographers to showcase their best shots of the underwater world, including marine life, corals, and other aquatic wonders.
As one of the world's top diving and snorkeling destinations, the Maldives boasts a rich variety of marine ecosystems, including vibrant coral reefs, colorful fish, and other mesmerizing sea creatures. The "Maldives - Our Ocean" photo competition aims to capture this stunning underwater world through the lens of talented and aspiring underwater photographers.
With a range of three categories to suit different levels of experience and expertise, this competition offers a platform for photographers to showcase their creativity and passion for the ocean, "Maldives - Our Ocean" is an opportunity to share your love for the ocean and its inhabitants.
Eligibility: The competition is open to all Maldivians and Work Permit Holders.
Macro: photographs of small marine life, such as fish and invertebrates.
Wide Angle: photographs that capture a wide view of the underwater environment, such as coral reefs, shipwrecks, or schools of fish.
Ocean Conservation: photographs that highlight the importance of ocean conservation and the impacts of human activities on the marine environment.
* Entries must be original, taken by the entrant in the Maldives, and must not have been previously published or submitted in any other competition.
* Entries must be in digital format and must be high-resolution (at least 300 dpi) JPG files.
* File names should be renamed with entrants first and last name.
* If an entrant's photo is chosen as a winning image, they will be required to submit the and high resolution unedited file of the photo.
* Each entrant may submit up to 5 photographs, and each photograph must be submitted in one of the categories mentioned above.
* Submissions for entries must be made through Google forms accessible on our website and Social Media platforms.
* Along with the photographs, entrants must also submit a brief description of the photograph (max 100 words) and the location where the photograph was taken, equipment used etc.
* Photos should have been taken in the Maldives and should not be any photos that have been taken before 2015.
* Photos can be edited (colour adjustments, cropping, dust and particle removal).
* Technical quality of the photograph
* Creativity and originality
* Composition and artistic merit
* Adherence to the theme and category
The panel of judges will consist of internationally renowned underwater photographers.
Prizes will be awarded to all the categories for First, Second and Third places and there will be an overall winner of “Best of Show”
Copyright: By submitting an entry, the entrant grants the Ocean Six Fifty Foundation and the sponsors the right to use the photograph for promotional and educational purposes.
Deadline: The competition will close submissions on the 30th of April 2023.
Announcement of Winners: The winners will be announced by mid June 2023.
Note: By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and regulations of the competition.